2.24.2014

Maker Monday: DIY Bath Bombs

I mentioned a little while back that I made bath bombs to give for Christmas, and I wanted to elaborate a little about them and talk about where I want to go next with them for this edition of Maker Monday.

For the batch I gave for Christmas, I used the Copycat Lush Bath Bombs recipe from Bare Root, and they turned out beautifully! I didn't use plastic Easter eggs and omitted food coloring, so they looked a little less exciting. But, let me tell you, plop one of those bad boys in the bath tub, and it's relaxation heaven!



For mine, I used an even mix of lavender and vanilla essential oils. They seem a little strong at first, but once they start fizzing, the water dilutes the smell a bit. And, the recipe I used called for coconut oil which was my favorite part of the whole thing. After taking a bath with one of these fizzies, it made my skin feel so soft. I am a firm believer in the powers of coconut oil. Get you some!

So, that was kind of my review of the recipe that I used from Bare Root. While I loved how they turned out, I want to start testing my own recipe for bath bombs. I have been researching different recipes and have started working on my own version. Eventually, I want to start selling them on Etsy!

When it gets closer to launching the shop, I may need your help testing different scents, variations of the recipe, packaging, etc. Once I'm to that point, I will have signups to be part of my test group. It will be no cost to you...all you'll have to do is take a bath using my bath bombs and give me your honest opinion. Easy!

Anyway, that's my story for today. I hope you all had a great weekend, and I will see you back here tomorrow!




INSTAGRAM / FACEBOOK / TWITTER / PINTEREST

2 comments:

  1. These sound lovely! I really like Lush bath bombs, but I will have to try making some. Count me in on your test group ;)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs