5.27.2014

Life Lately

It's been a minute since I've popped in over here, so it's about dang time that I do so! As always, life has been pretty busy lately, so my time for JNSP has been limited. I also kind of feel like I have had a creative block...let's hope that passes sooner rather than later! Here's what I've been up to lately...

1. New swimsuit


I was way past due for a new swim suit for a couple of reasons. The swimsuits I've been wearing are either worn out or are better suited for sun bathing, not swimming. Also, I'm on a bit of a weight upswing (another post for another day), so I wanted to get something that accentuated my curves but was also something that I felt comfortable in.

I've been eyeing retro inspired suits for a couple summers now, so I knew that was the style I wanted to purchase. I started looking with a good ole google search and began with Modcloth. They had a couple really cute options, but nothing I was sold on. I ended up on Unique Vintage where I discovered the beauty pictured above.

This pin-up inspired suit is exactly what I was looking for. I CANNOT WAIT to get it in the mail and try it on. I hope it lives up to my expectations!

2. New quilt block design



A random creative burst popped into my mind earlier today for a quilt block design. I'm calling it, "Queen of Diamonds," and it consists of four 4" squares and eight 2" squares, along with some additional background pieces. I plan on using this design to make my first quilt (hopefully, this summer)!

3. Craft Room/Studio Space


So, we have a very small 3rd bedroom in our apartment. It was actually a bonus room because when I looked into getting the apartment, it was listed as a 2-bedroom. You could get a twin bed in there, but probably not much else. And really, we don't need a 3rd bedroom as this point, so I wanted to claim it for a craft room/studio space!

After more than a year in our apartment, I finally feel like I am ready to transform the space into a welcoming creative place. I already have a big table, chair, and wire shelving, but there are a few projects/changes that I want to make before it's officially ready. I'll be documenting the process, but here's an idea of what I am going to do:

  • Hang two 4'x4' pegboard squares on one wall with a TV mounted in between.
  • Turn the top of the wire shelving unit into a pressing surface.
  • Create a cork board wall opposite of the TV/pegboard.
It's going to be a lot of work with lots of help from Kyra, but if I can get my vision executed, I think it's going to turn out really awesome!

4. Lots of family time



This past holiday weekend was filled to the brim with family time. We ate our weight in delicious food, did some touristy things, and enjoyed each other's company. It was a really awesome weekend! Of course, I can never turn down time with my niece and nephew...they're just too much fun :)

Gotta love PlayDoh art!

5. Growing pup


 JoJo goes to the vet next week, and I am VERY curious as to how much he weighs. It seems like he literally grows overnight! I have had to loosen his collar twice in the last week or so, and it is getting increasingly more difficult for me to pick him up. My 10lb little nugget isn't so little anymore!



Even thought he's growing exponentially, he's still as sweet and playful as can be. He's my buddy, and I love him to pieces!






INSTAGRAM / FACEBOOK / TWITTER / PINTEREST

2 comments:

  1. that swimsuit is amazing -- hope it lives up to your hopes and dreams! And JoJo, that face is too much cuteness:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love love love that suit!
    Glad to see you back! Even for a minute. ;)
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover